BSG2020 POSTPONED TO
8-11 FEBRUARY 2021
Count your steps! Get fit at the BSG 2019 Annual Meeting and take part in our Daily Step Challenge. The person with the highest number of steps accumulated by the end of each day will be in with the chance to win a voucher. Count your steps! Get fit at the BSG 2019 Annual Meeting and take part in our Daily Step Challenge. The person with the highest number of steps accumulated by the end of each day will be in with the chance to win a voucher.
Here’s how to take part:
1. Track your steps using your pedometer, smart watch or smart phone step counter
2. Follow @BritSocGastro on Twitter and take a photo or screen shot of the total number of steps you’ve accumulated by the end of the day and tweet it to @BritSocGastro and @SECglasgow by 21:00. Don’t forget to use the hashtags #BSG2019step #BSG2019 #healthyvenue
3. The winner will be contacted via Twitter by lunchtime on the following day
MORNING YOGA SESSIONS
Energise your day and take part in a relaxing morning yoga session. Sessions will run from 08:15–08:45 Tuesday and Thursday and will provide a great start to your day! No gym wear required – simply head over in your business attire. Spaces are limited so head there early to secure your spot!
Location to be confirmed.
BSG 5K FUN RUN
For the first time BSG will host a 5K Run/Walk on the evening of Tuesday 18th June.
Round off a day of conference sessions with an exhilarating evening run with colleagues and friends. We couldn’t think of a better way to experience the beauty of Glasgow’s West End. Designed to encourage camaraderie and friendly competition, registrants can choose to run or walk.
The event is open to runners and walkers of all speeds. Advance registration is encouraged. Additional details about the event and a race route will be available soon.
FREE BIKE HIRE WITH NEXTBIKE
Enjoy unlimited free bike hire with nextbike. Enjoy unlimited free bike hire with nextbike.
1. Register at www.nextbike.co.uk or download the nextbike mobile app from the App Store or Google Play.
2. Enter your personal details. You do not need to enter your card details and no deposit will be taken. Do not select a subscription from the drop down menu.
3. Via the app, select ‘My Details’ and ‘Redeem Voucher’ or via the website select ‘My Account’ and ‘Vouchers.’
4. Enter code 569856. Pick up a nextbike from one of the racks outside the SEC and enjoy your free rides!
TAKE A WALK
The SEC has three defined walking and jogging routes near the venue.
Download the free app at https://medalroutes.org/ or pick up a leaflet at the SEC Information Centre on the main concourse.
HEALTHY FOOD OPTIONS
We will be working closely with the SEC to create healthier menu options to ensure that you are getting the nutrition you need to make the most of your experience at BSG 2019.